In this article we will see how to change phone number in Gmail if forget the password of our Google account. Dear viewers if you want to change your current mobile number then, you have to follow the basic steps.
How to Change Phone Number in Gmail if Forgot The Password
First of all open gmail or https://mail.google.com on your web browser. I will recommand you to enter these links in chrome web browser.
Now you have to enter your email address and click on Next button.
Now there is an option to enter password. But you have forget your password. So, click on forget password and reset the Gmail Password.
You may learn here how to change/reset gmail password. If you know how to change Gmail password then you have to recover your Google or Gmail account by clicking the below link.
Here you may need to sign in for identity verification.
Now you have reset your password and want to change phone number.
Now you have to click on your profile image in the right side top corner. It will open your account detail.
Just click on manage Google account as shown in the below image.
You will see your Google account with many tabs like Home, Personal Information, Security. Just click on your personal information section.
Here you will see many options like your name, date of birth, gender, recovery email, current email, and phone number. Just click on phone number section.
When you will click on mobile number, it will show you two buttons for editing and delete. You can chose what ever you want.
Just click on the edit button and enter your new mobile number in this place. In this process, you may need to sign in several times for identity verification. So, don’t worry! just follow the steps. And your mobile number will be changed.
How to change phone number in Gmail account without login
If you want to change your phone number in your Gmail account without login then first of all you have to reset your account password. After that you will be able to access to your personal information in Gmail account.
Follow the below steps:
- Just open gmail in your browser.
- Enter your email address and click on next button.
- If you don’t know your password then click on forget password.
- Now reset your password and enter in to the google account.
- Now go to the personal information section and click on mobile number section.
- It will ask you to Add new number or Edit you existing number or delete your current number.
- Just do whatever you want.
How to change phone number in Gmail without signing in PC
Suppose you want to change your phone number and don’t want to sign in to your Gmail account. It may be because you forget your password, you no longer have access to your mobile number. So, can’t reset your password.
In this case you just have to recover your Google account with your personal information like Date of birth, gender and personal security question.
If you know your personal security question then you have to enter these details to Google support team. They will ask cross check all your information and your phone number will be changed.
In this case you may receive a voice call on your current mobile number with the verification code.
How to Change Phone Number in Gmail in Mobile
how to change phone number in gmail on Phone is very similar to the changing phone number through web browser.
- In stead of opening web browser just open your Gmail App.
- Now sign in by entering your email and password.
- Now go to the profile section and chose personal information tab.
- Here find mobile number tab and click on it.
- Now you will see your mobile verification status. If your mobile number is showing verified then click on it.
- Otherwise first of all you have to verify your mobile number.
- After this again click on your mobile number status.
- Now click on edit mobile number.
- Change your existing mobile number with the new mobile number.