In this question for finding the HCF of 474 and 2647, we will use the prime factorization method, long division method, and listing common multiple methods.
All processes are given with step by step check below:
Methods For Finding The HCF of 474 And 2647
- By Prime Factorization Method
- By Listing Common Multiple
- By Long Division Method
HCF of 474 And 2647 By Prime Factorization Method
Prime factorization is a process in which a number can be divided into multiple prime numbers ( These numbers are the smallest divisor of given numbers).
Let’s see the factors of 474 and 2647.
474 = 1X2X3X79
2647 = 1
Here we can see 1 is the common divisor.
The HCF of 474 and 2647 is 1.
HCF of 474 And 2647 By Listing Common Multiples
For finding the HCF of 474 And 2647 by Listing Common Multiple, we have to find all multiples of the given numbers.
Multiples are the lowest numbers that can divide the given numbers completely.
Hereafter listing the all common multiply we can see that one is only Common Factor.
HCF of 474 And 2647 By Listing Common Multiples is 1.
HCF of 474 and 2647 By Long Division Methods
For finding the HCF of 474 and 2647 by the Long division method, we have to follow the following steps:
- Divide the higher number with the lower one.
- check reminder and now divide first number with reminder.
- Now again check the reminder and divide the first reminder.
- Repeat this process untill you get ZERO (0) reminder.
- Once the reminder is zero divisor will be the HCF of given number.
HCF of 474 and 2647 By Long Division Methods is 2 which is wrong because 2647 is a prime number. And this formula is not valid for prime numbers.